Saturday, June 10, 2006
Zarqawi is dead, and the dimmicrats want us to cut and run now?
- December 1992 George Bush Sr. orders 25k troops into Somalia to bail out the incompetent UN "peacekeepers" there. He states that this will not be a long term engagement
- May 1993 Clinton turns over control of the operation to UN forces and reduces US military involvement. US troops now number about 1200 military and 3000 support.
- August 1993 Clinton at the bequest of the UN sends in Task Force Ranger led by Major General Garrison cause the UN forces are getting beat like rented mules. This task force is sent in to capture a warlord named Aidid believed to be the one behind most of the attacks on the "peacekeepers" (damn I have a hard time calling UN folks peacekeepers).
- September 1993 Jimmy Carter starts negotiating with Aidid on behalf of the Clinton administration WITHOUT ANYONE BOTHERING TO TELL THE TROOPS THERE.
- September 1993 Clinton administration offical REFUSES the request for armored vehicles by General Powell.
- October 3,1993 18 soldiers are killed and 84 wounded during a battle to catch Aidid (you know the guy that was in negotiations with Carter).
- October 7, 1993 Clinton decides to cut his losses and sends in enough troops to protect everyone but promises to have them all out by March.
- March 25, 20k American troops pull out and leave behind a UN force made of African and Asian forces.
- 1995 Aidid dies.
- June 5th 2006 Islamic millitants claim Somalia and declare Sharia law. The Islamist's began their rise to power during the power vacuum that started when US troops pulled out in 1993.
So while we are celebrating the death of a brutally sadistic terrorist in Iraq, let us not fall prey to the temptation to "cut and run" as so many dimmicrats will want. Now the region, and the rest of the world, are waiting to see what position the new government is going to take there on terrorism. Remember no attacks occured on US soil UNTIL Osama and his group of demons had a country to base themselves out of. Somalia is our lesson on why we can't cut and run from Iraq, I hope that when W is talking to his old man that they talk about these events.
Distributed Energy to put my money where my mouth is as well as make a little money. Nor am I proposing government mandates on utility companies to get a certain % of their energy from "alternative resources". I believe in free market capitilism and minimal govt interference. However I think that it's time we start looking at more things like this since technology and $70.00+ a barrell oil has leveled the playing field some. I also factor in that with events in the middle east and South America we need to get more energy on our own and less from despots and crackpots.
So, having said all the above I was looking into this wind energy stuff and it looks like there are some great opportunites off the New England coast, specifically up in Cape Cod. There was some press on this that Teddy Kennedy was trying to kill this plan for awhile but even he backed down (though no reports on whether he will sit by the wind farms and increase the output simply by doing his 2nd best thing, orating. [we all know driving is his best thing]). I think that projects like this one are damn good things with oil being so high and it's flow unsteady. Go "google" wind power and look things up, alternative energy isn't just something that tree hugging, tied died, sandal wearing hippies advocate anymore. Hell, if you see a good company that's making a profit on it, invest in it and make some money yourself.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Achmed and Akbar have called, they are very proud and agree 100%
Guest audio bloggers
Shock and Awe-counter terrorism style
40 more raids on the Zarqawi network, looks like that treasure trove of info is really being used!
Ok, so unless you've been living under a rock you know that our boys introduced al-Zarqawi the other day to the business end of 2 500lb bombs. Oh snap, I forgot, al-Zawahri has been living under a rock and sent out this statement praising Zarqi. Well what also is going on is the counter-terrorism version of shock and awe. Here's some other raids etc going on that you might not know about if you drink from the fountain of MSM.
- Israel got one of the leaders of the PRC, ya know the group that shoots rockets into Israel on a regular basis.
- 17 other raids occurred in Iraq collecting a "treasure trove of information".
- Jordan intel helped us arrange the meeting of a bomb and al-Zarqawi
- Iraqi forces trained by US soldiers started cracking down/killing/capturing terrorist cells in Iraq on their own.
- More raids are coming based on the the intel captured.
These are just the things out there in the news now. You can darn well bet that there are other things cooking that won't be talked about until they are done. All in all some very real and positive movement in Iraq that goes in hand with their completing the appointments of the final minister positions. Of course some of the more unhinged dimmicrats and others out there in the press are already trying to lessen the impacts of these developments.
- Pete Stark a dimmicrat from Cali called this a "stunt to cover Bush's rear". Seriously why would Bush be trying to "cover" his rear? He isn't running for re-election and he's not actively campaigning for any repubs at the moment.
- Michael Berg, whose son was BEHEADED by Zarqawi calls this a tragedy. I just got to comment on this part here. Now a beheading like what was done to Nick Berg isn't like something you see in a movie, done with a clean stroke. The reality of it is that it would of been more accurate to say that he had his head SAWED off. Yet this guys dad thinks it's a tragedy that we killed this guy. I'm a dad, if I was in Michael Berg's position my only complaint would of been that I didn't get to drop the bomb myself.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Ding dong the bastards dead
Malkin has it here.
Iraq the model with more here.
Sandmonkey over in Egypt sings along.
Regime Change in Iraq has it here.
*with apologies to all Wizard of Oz fans but the song is fitting*
Ding Dong! The bitch is dead. Which old bitch? The wicked bitch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked bitch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked bitch is dead. he's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked bitch is dead!
As Mayor of the Baghdad City, In the County of the Land of Iraq, I welcome you most regally.
But we've got to verify it legally, to see
Is morally, ethic'lly
Father No. 2
Undeniably and reliably Dead
As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her.
And he's not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead.
Then this is a day of Independence For all the Iranians and their descendants
Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old bitch at last is dead!
I do see her point, the liberal left has been throwing up these spokespeople for their "cause" that are victims. They expect us to not combat them, to not criticize them because they lost someone and that the loss makes them above reproach and immune from criticism. Seriously folks, think about this, the BIGGEST bashers that the left has been trotting out over the last few years are
- Cindy Sheehan
- The "jersey girls" shilling for Kerry yeah this particular group of 9-11 widows
- Dick Murtha-marines are guilty cause I say so.
- Another Sheehan link cause she really pisses me off.
How come Howard Dean isn't all over the airwaves saying things exactly like these people are, what about Kerry or Kennedy? They don't because when push comes to shove they can't defend their positions, but they have these mouth pieces do it in hopes that we won't critique what they say due to their "victim status". I so totally get Coulters point. She's sick and tired of people not being able to say something about what these mouthpieces say because of some tragedy. Coulter is totally right about that. It's time that people stand up and say "Ok you lost someone, sorry for your loss, but that makes you a foreign policy specialist deserving to be on national TV how?". Seriously, I lost someone in 911 where's my shot on Hardball with Mathews? The fact that these people lost someone in the war or in 911 doesn't make their opinion any more sacrosanct then yours/mine or any other American citizen. We all have the right to critique and question their comments and motives.
However, having said all that I have to wonder if Coulter didn't go overboard with the rhetoric? I have such torn feelings on this. Maybe she was saying it the way she did so that she would get on more TV shows and in more newspapers to push these very important points to a wider audience? Maybe she was especially acidic just to sell more books? Hell maybe she hopes the controversy will generate more interest and more people will wake up to the "Culture of Victimization" that the democrats espouse?
I think that from what I have seen and read that she makes a lot of good points in this book and I will buy it (Hey Ann, if you read this send me a signed copy!!). I just hope that all the rhetoric doesn't drown out her message. Flame away, comment or just go click some of the links to people much wiser then I.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Here's a nice hot cup of STFU
- The Main Stream Media. I saw this article and it called some things to my attention that I hadn't really noticed. Sammon's proves something I've been saying for awhile. Bush is doing a much better job and getting more done then the press gives him credit for and while I don't agree with him on immigration he's not getting any credit. History will remember him better then he's portrayed now provided the assault on higher education by the moonbats is repelled.
- Talk about "culture of corruption". This is the guy who started bitching about Bush bringing back the draft while HE was the one who proposed the bill. Now he's sucking at Castro's teat? On a side note, Atlas is hot, smart and a damn good blogger she's a must read imho.
- Thank god there is still some sense in California. Bilbray won in Cali. This is the race I blogged about the other day where the Dimmycrat contender was telling people they didn't need to be legal to vote. Of course the press is saying it's a narrow victory but the way I look at it is this, Bilbray won by 5% and there was 5% also going to someone from the Minutemen.
- Gay marriage. A lot of people have been saying this really isn't an issue to most Americans (and I was starting to believe them) but I came across this article ( and this one) that shows that a hell of a lot more people care about it then you would think. Personally I don't care and would be fine with it, but then I also think polygamy should be legal and I'm not even a mormon or really religous!
- Once again the press decides to smear/slant things. Maybe they should get a pot of STFU at this rate. Read this piece by Michelle Malkin. Yeah thats right another conservative hottie.
- Where the hell are the reports of daily rocket attacks at Israel? Personally I feel we need to take the handcuffs off Israel and let them do what they need to do to defend their country. God knows if someone was shooting rockets over our border all the time we would be responding pretty damn fast and harsh towards the aggressor.
Thats about all right now. Flame away, agree, or just say hi. No matter what open your eyes to what's going on out there. Evil wins when good men stand by and do nothing.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Say what part duh
Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill.Um say what? Wait, did you mean that you wanted to get tested for DUI, arrested and have your car impounded when you flunked? No this is what happened.
Police labor union officials said earlier that officers were told not to give Kennedy a sobriety test after the mishap. Kennedy said Thursday police drove him home afterward but that he did not "ask for any special consideration." Asked if he thought he got preferential treatment, Kennedy said, "That's up for the police to decide, and I'm going to cooperate fully with them."WTF. Oh wait, Mr. Patrick Kennedy means AFTER all the preferential treatment he wants to be treated as a normal african american citizen! I mean seriously folks, if anyone who reads this blog had the same thing happen (and to put it in perspective here's what he was did)
The police incident report includes an observation that Kennedy appeared to have been drinking and his ability was impaired.
"At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol," Kennedy said in a statement Thursday. Greg Baird, acting chairman of the U.S. Capitol Police union, has called for an inquiry into how the incident was handled. Capitol Police said Friday they were also looking into whether the evidence supports traffic charges against Kennedy.The incident report said Kennedy was cited for three infractions -- failure to keep a proper lane, unreasonable speed and failure to give full time and attention to the operation of a vehicle. According to the report, Sgt. Kenneth Weaver said he saw Kennedy's vehicle -- a green Ford Mustang convertible -- "traveling at a high rate of speed in a construction zone and also swerving into the wrong lane of travel" with its lights off.
Weaver said Kennedy's vehicle hit a curb and swerved back into the wrong lane. He said he was driving east and used "evasive maneuvers in order to avoid a collision" with Kennedy's car.So let's think about this. He hit a curb, swerved into the wrong lane and a cop had to act like an F-16 pilot and engage in "evasive maneuvers in order to avoid a collision", then he refused to stop and pull over and only stopped after hitting a barrier! Then he got a ride home from the cops and was never had his blood alcohol level tested. Yet he wants to be treated like an "african american from Washington". Here's what else is in that article.
The officer said he turned around and pursued Kennedy, whose car did not stop but did slow, "finally stopping after colliding head-on with a vehicle barrier." The report said when Weaver approached Kennedy he noticed his "eyes were red and watery, speech was slightly slurred, and upon exiting his vehicle, his balance was unsure."
"If you are suspected of driving under the influence, you get arrested," noted Officer Quintin Peterson of the Metropolitan Police Department. Know what that means, it means 2 officers smelled alcohol on his breath. Guess what happens if 12 officers show up at your accident and 2 of them smell booze on you...that's right go directly to jail, do not pass go. I think the cops wanted to do that but maybe he pulled his "get outta jail free card" on them. Maybe something like this happened.
Kennedy, who has a history of substance abuse and depression, said that "10 of the 12 police officers said they did not smell any alcohol on my breath."
Police Officer: Mr. Kennedy, your breath smells of alcohol and you hit a vehicle barrier. We have to take you in.
Patrick Kennedy: Duuude, I didn't drink much, only enough shots to chase my Ambien you can't take me in. I'm a sennnatur beshides my old man killed a chick while driving and he didn't get arrested.
Police Officer: Oh your that Kennedy, well have a nice night, lemme get one of these other officers to stop trying to catch criminals and drive you home.
Yeah he wants to be treated like everyone else. Sure, oh yeah. If you believe that then maybe you should go down to Washington and try it for yourself, bet the results will be much different for you.
Monday, June 05, 2006
Busy day at work, here's some light and not so light readin
- France is soo culturally sensitive. Where the hell is the "Zionist run media" on this stuff?
- Whatever happened to "innocent till proven guitly?
- Oh wait, you need to be a Congresswoman who hit a cop for that! (I know, 2 Michelle Malkin links, but dammit she's hot and intelligent!)
- Denial ain't just a river. If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck etc...I quote
"It appears that a number of these young men were motivated by an ideology based on politics, hatred and terrorism, and not on faith,"
- The best way to refute the cult of islam is this page.
- The far left gets sooo deranged but at least they give great photo ops!
- One of the scariest things you never read about.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Should we worry more about South America?
Today I was reading this article and started thinking about the continent to the south of us and what the geo-political mess down there means for the United States. Too often we think of South America and we think of Mexico (Mexico is really part of North America) and the immigration problem. Occasionally we may think of Chavez and Venezuela when he does or says something nutty, but I think we are so focused on Iraq and the war on terror that we are missing some things down there that should be of great interest to us. First lets take a look at Chavez and what he's been doing lately.
- Threatens to sell his f-16's Iran. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend is probably his thinking.
- He starts to upgrade his military.
- Whine and moaned that he can't buy military equipment that contains US technology.
- Threatened to join with Iran on nuclear research and development.
- Issued threats that he would stop selling oil to America.
Morales said the gas fields were "just the beginning, because tomorrow it will be the mines, the forest resources and the land"When you look at the map of South America, and factor in the amount of gas and oil reserves between the 2 countries you are faced with a potential for a very scary situation. Luckily others have seen this too and we can only hope that while our Governments attention is on the middle east we don't lose focus on areas much closer to home.
- Battle of Ideas in Latin America.
- Latin America's new left axis.
- Tilting to the left.
- Socialist Tide soars in US backyard.