Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Steak Nazi!

Joseph Vento, owner of Geno's Cheesteaks, here in Philly has made a stand. Seems here that Joey is tired of people just pointing at things and grunting when they order. I ahve to admit there's been times I've been there that my mouth was watering so bad I almost lost control of my ability to speak but I've always been able to mumble the words enough to get my point across. For the last 6 months there has been a sign at Geno's that says


Joseph Vento, whose grandparents came from Italy, insists that customers at Geno's Steaks order in English. "Why should I have to bend?" he says.
PETER TOBIA / Inquirer
Joseph Vento, whose grandparents came from Italy, insists that customers at Geno's Steaks order in English. "Why should I have to bend?" he says.


He's even gone so far as to drive around the neighborhood using the PA system on his car denouncing the local business who hire illegal immigrants. I gotta say, I'm impressed, the area Geno's is in, while known as "little italy" is home to thousands of hispanics and Joey here is running the risk of ticking off a lot of customers. However, he's making a stand on what he thinks is right, and I for one support him. Think I will show my support by running down there real soon to grab a "cheesteak with".

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?